- 1 pita or Arabic bread
- 1/2 head of long green-leaf lettuce (chopped)
- 2 tomatoes (diced)
- 1 small green bell pepper (diced)
- 1 handful of purslain leaves (bakle) (removed from stems)
- 10 fresh mint leaves (removed from stems)
- 1 lemon (squeezed)
- 1 tbsp sumac powder
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil (can add more to taste)
- 2-3 tbsp pomegranate syrup
- Separate pita bread into 2 halves.
- Place them onto the oven grill and bake at 160 C for 3-4 minutes until golden and crispy.
- Remove from oven, crush into large chunks in a bowl and put aside.
- In a large salad bowl, place the lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, green peppers, purslain, and mint.
- Add lemon, sumac, salt and olive oil, and pomegranate syrup and mix thoroughly.
- Add the crispy bread to the salad right before serving.