- Butter/Margarine/Oil (I used Butter for this)
- Beef (or Lamb) Mince
- 3 Baking Potatoes
- 1 Large Carrot
- 1 Small Onion
- 1 Tin/Carton of Chopped Tomatoes (Optional, I used these unintentionally)
- 1 Oxo Cube
- Mixed Herbs (Optional)
- Salt (I used Table Salt)
- Cornflour (Optional, I didn’t use this in the end)
- Brown the mince in a saucepan (or a frying pan) using a small amount of butter/margarine/oil.
- Chop up the onion then add it and the chopped tomatoes to the mince.
- Crumble an Oxo Cube onto the mince and add in mixed herbs to add flavour and stir it all in together.
- Leave the mince, onions and tomatoes on the hot hob to cook with a lid on the pan, stir occasionally.
- Peel the potatoes and the carrot then chop them up.
- Pour some water into a pan until half-full and sprinkle in some salt.
- Pour the chopped potatoes and carrot into the pan.
- Boil the potatoes and carrot on the hot hob with a lid on the pan, stir occasionally.
- Once everything is cooked, pour the mince into a large serving dish.
- Take the potatoes and carrots off the hob and mash them together.
- Carefully scoop out the mashed potato and carrot and place on top of the mince until it is covered up.
- Place the finished product under the grill until the top is brown.